This page features announcements related to the JAOA; opportunities for trainees, researchers, and others; and news related to the osteopathic medical profession.
Student Peer Reviewers Wanted
recognizes the importance of engaging students in scholarly activity at an early stage. To assist in this process, the JAOA
is opening its peer review process to osteopathic medical students. Students who are interested should email email@example.com
with their CV, the name of the mentor who has agreed to guide them in the peer review process, and any areas of interest.
If you are a member of the American Osteopathic Association and a primary care physician, did you know that you can choose to receive the JAOA online only?
Online-only members and subscribers receive all the benefits of the JAOA, including notifications of newly posted content and online access to the past 12 months of content, without the clutter that comes with the monthly print issues. The JAOA’s website (JAOA.org) has a fully responsive design that caters to mobile and tablet viewing, so you won’t miss a beat when viewing articles and supplemental videos from any of your Web-enabled devices.
To edit your JAOA preferences, contact Andrew Given at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit to the JAOA
Why should you submit your research, reviews, and other manuscripts and commentary to the JAOA? Here are our top 7 reasons:
- We are a monthly, indexed, peer-reviewed medical journal focused on an integrative, comprehensive approach to health care.
- We are open to all specialties, with an emphasis on the tenets of osteopathic medicine.
- We are the home for osteopathic medical research.
- We offer unparalleled editing services to make your research and writing the best it can be.
- We offer a state-of-the art website for content, video, and social media.
- We offer professional media outreach to expand the influence of your research.
- We offer a large audience for your research, with 27,000+ receiving the print journal and 110,000+ receiving the electronic table of contents.
Submit online today at http://www.osteopathic.org/JAOAsubmit.
To learn more about manuscript requirements and guidelines, visit the JAOA's "Information for Authors" page.
[Updated February 2018]