JAOA Associate Editor
The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association (JAOA) is looking to bring on a new associate editor. Are you, or is someone you know, engaged in scholarly activity, passionate about approaching medicine from an integrative and comprehensive point of view, and experienced in general medicine? Help us find the right candidate to join our team and influence the future of the research journal of the osteopathic medical profession.
- Serving as the oversight editor for assigned manuscripts submitted to the JAOA for consideration―overseeing the peer review process, making recommendations to the editor in chief, and reviewing revised submissions.
- Promoting the JAOA while attending osteopathic professional meetings (eg, OMED, medical education conferences, state/specialty meeting), focusing primarily on encouraging faculty and students to enhance the evidence base for osteopathic medicine and conveying the benefits of publishing in the JAOA.
- Participating in JAOA monthly oversight editors’ conference calls and other meetings with the editor in chief, JAOA staff, editorial board members, and peer reviewers.
- Establishing editorial policies for the JAOA, with the goal of setting high standards for the integrity of the JAOA’s content.
- Recruiting manuscripts (with the goal of an average of at least one per issue of the JAOA) and peer reviewers (2 per year).
Oversight editors spend an average of 4 hours per week on JAOA-related tasks. To compensate the associate editor for his or her time and efforts, the JAOA pays an annual stipend of $10,000.
Interested osteopathic physicians should send their CV and statement of interest to Audrey Lusher, Director of the JAOA, at email@example.com.
[posted May 14, 2018]